Friday, July 8, 2011

Beautiful Flowers, Bees, and Books - Summer Fun!!!!

Hello Everyone,


Happy Summer!  I've been enjoying time at home with the kids watching cooking shows on TV and having picnics at the swimming pool.  In June, we took the kids to Dorney Park and also spent a Friday at Saint John's Hospice in Philadelphia serving the homeless at Be the Light of the Party Foundation's annual pizza party (photo below).  I've also been developing some new recipes and working on an e-book version of Peacock Parade, which should be available sometime in July or August.  I meet with my illustrator Carolyn next week to review the drawings for Toe Jam, the new book with a September release.  Very exciting!!! 


I really love the warm weather.  I especially love enjoying my garden on a warm night.  A wonderful fragrance fills the air - a combination of rose, jasmine, honeysuckle, and lavender.  I posted some photos below.  The wind chimes and fountain also make it a great sanctuary.  I tend to do some of my writing outside.











As many of you already know, I also love bees.  I've been learning a little about photography from my husband and spent some time in the morning this week taking photos of honey bees and bumble bees on my flowers in the front yard.  I included a couple in this post.  Hope you like them! 





In July, I will be going to the beach in Ocean City, New Jersey and then getting ready for a family camping trip in August.  I will try to keep you updated on my adventures. 

Much Love!   

2 comments: